View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza252 View Post
If I go to Amazon and upload a mobi that way my book will go on sale via Amazon direct and I need it to be supplied by a third party.

Can any body please shed some light on this?
Encryption has to be applied by the store selling the ebook. But you'll probably need to use Mobipocket Creator to create the Mobipocket format ebook in a form suitable for encrypting.

But I'm not sure who you'll sell to. I think the secure Mobipocket market (as opposed to the Kindle market) is very small indeed.

And, of course, Mobipocket DRM is entire ineffective, and any DRM is probably counter-productive.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote