View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Since you guys are talking iPod alternatives, I have a question. I was thinking of getting my 7 year old an inexpensive mp3 player for Christmas. Not that she has asked, but right now she has a Barbie CD player and she knows that it sounds terrible. It seems... wrong to me for someone of her generation to build up a CD collection. Antiquated. Seems like it would be better to have an mp3 player and a speaker or speaker dock. We are an Apple family but I would rather get something less expensive for her.

So my questions. If I get a non-Apple mp3 player, how hard is it to manage the music? All I have to do is figure out where on my computer my mp3s actually are, and then drag them onto the player? My music comes from iTunes, Amazon, and my own ripped CDs. Is the interface on these little players, like the Sandisk clip zip, easy enough for a child to navigate?

Thanks,
eP
If you going to look at MP3 player and doing the Black Friday deals you might want to take a look at the Samsung Galaxy player 3.6 for $100 at Best Buy. It's the size of a normal cell phone and I think the interface is really easy. It's an Android Device so it plays more than music but that is it's main purpose.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-10-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote