View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #5
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
What makes you think that? Has development for the K3 stopped because there are K4 and K5 models out there?
No, but the KT has only been produced for a year and outside the US even been available officially only for ~6 months. There have probably been relatively few units sold compared to K3 models. New US developers won't come to the KT and soon the KP will be available to the rest of the world.

Quote:
I personally will certainly shift focus in the beginning, because I want to get my own stuff running on the PW. But ideally, things will work both on the K5 and the PW. Depending on how different the firmwares really are, this may result in more or less effort.
Yes, that's exactly the point. How much effort will it be to support both devices? We just don't know yet for sure.

For native applications, it's quite likely that there will be no issues on the level of the CPU. Compiled code per se will likely run on both KT and the KP. But what about dynamically linked libraries? This will depend on how similar their firmware is. Then there are different screen resolutions which might or might not screw up your layout.

I think it would be surprising if wafs and kindlets wouldn't work on both devices. After all, browsers apps and Java apps easily work cross-platform and Amazon deliberately breaking compatibility would be strange. Unfortunately that doesn't include patches to the inner workings of the framework like JBPatch.

Quote:
Maybe (speculation!) it's even possible to run the 5.2.0 firmware on the K5 - or maybe not. We'll see.
This would of course be the best option for continued KT support.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote