View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
Problems with a recycled iPhone

My daughter got an iPhone 4SG and gave me her old iPhone 3G.

In setting up the 3G I have a couple of problems. I hope it isn't too ancient to get help here

First and foremost - my contacts....

I have had a Nokia (from new) for years. It has (had?) my contacts on it. I put the SIM in the iPhone. There was options to restore or save to iCloud etc and set up new phone.

I chose to setup as new phone now I don't have any contacts

I will try in back in my Nokia to check if they are still there but I wondered if this is to be expected or is there a way to transfer my contacts (in the SIM card) to the iPhone?

Then I tried to use the same AppleID that I use in my iPad 3 and got funny errors about wrong password etc and was told to reset the password in iforgot.apple.com which I did but I couldn't get it to accept the iPad ID. It also wouldn't accept my Yahoo address as that was setup in the iPad as a mail address.

I had to use an old little used email address as an ID. It was suggested that I should be able to use the Ipad ID so I don't know if I can reset it etc???

Can someone give me some pointers or is there a link I can go to for help?

TIA
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote