View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
The more I use the eDGe, the more convinced I am that the primary target of this device is the university student, as advertised. The eDGe is heavier than the average 10.1" netbook and it becomes uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. If you are looking for an e-reader device that you can carry with you everywhere, that is comfortable to hold, etc, the eDGe is not it. As a tool for students and professionals who want eInk and netbook-like features, the eDGe is a winner. It excels at what it's designed to do. The other thing you have to consider is price. Compared to the Kindle DX, there is just no comparison. The eDGe would take them all except for battery life, portability, weight, and the wide selection of the Amazon Kindle store. If I had to choose between the two, I would select the eDGe without hesitation.

On another note, I will be buy a large screen dedicated e-reader when a good one comes out that supports good PDF features such as zooming, notes, etc. Something considerably lighter than the eDGe. It would be my "grab and go" reader for technical documents that I'd be able to take anywhere. I'd use the eDGe for more advanced reading and as a netbook.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote