View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatat72 View Post
I'm still looking for a robust replacement to create spacing.The en, em, and thin space entities are all safe in Sigil and Calibre, but some eReaders, especially Sony ones, cannot display them and you get "?" (question mark) or "¤" (undefined currency).
I never have any problems with em, en etc. with my PRS-300 with the standard firmware and no extra fonts. I just make sure that my files are encoded as utf8. Non-breaking spaces can then be entered from the keyboard as <alt>255, en as <alt>0150 and em as <alt>0151. Smart quotes can also be used and many other special characters.

I also use calibre for all my conversions and have no problems with these characters. I don't use Sigil so can't comment on whether it supports utf8 files.

Last edited by Agama; 12-28-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote