View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I enjoyed the book, thought it was perhaps a little long for too little substance.

Is Seth-worship meant to be a metaphor for religion, pointing out how mindless the followers are, how religion takes over their lives?

I was disappointed that the cliched ending of having the survivors be Peg, Brant, Tom and Annie didn't pan out - yes even though it's a cliche, it's satisfying. How did Cindy survive? She was just a minor player and doesn't fit the formula. I consider Brant's demise a cop out. The main guy should always survive. Or everyone perishes (that's a cop out too but not as much of one) I was so sure he was just pretending conversion so he could save Peg & Tom.

I think Tom & Cindy should have encased Grimm's remains in cement. With him coming to life, struggling, and drowning nightly, he probably won't decompose enough so that his torso will work loose, float to the surface, and resurrect. The chains may eventually rust out though, so in a year or two or ten he'll be alive again.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote