Thread: Kobo with Wifi!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I think you can take it back within 14 days. But there are a lot of questions about this new wi-fi Kobo that need answering before anybody seriously considers buying one. There's no keyboard and the website doesn't mention a touchscreen so I can't figure out how web browsing will work. Unless I missed something, if so, please let me know
Are we sure it will have a web browser? It is possible that the browser just allows you to connect to the Kobo/Border's Bookstore to buy books, probably registered to an existing account.

I do think it might have been a mistake to keep the form factor as it was... having so few control buttons really limits what they can do with the reader. It works for a basic reader, but not when you start adding expanded features.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote