View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
I'm trying to build a mobi dictionary using mobiperl (with a view to building big dictionaries that crash mobigen).
AFAIK, mobiperl is a set of tools not specifically designed to create a dictionary.

Quote:
Unfortunately, Kindle doesn't recognize my dictionaries as dictionaries, no index is available.
In that case the source files are most likely incorrectly formatted. You may want to compile the dictionary with the latest version of KindleGen at a command prompt and compare the output that KindleGen generates for the two-entry dictionary that works with the other one that doesn't work.

Quote:
Mobigen builds my test dictionary (just two entries) without problems so I used MobiMetaEdotor to copy all relevant EXTH records to mobiperl created mobi, but to no avail.
Just changing the metadata is not enough to convert a regular book into a dictionary. You'll need to modify the .opf file and the .html files and recompile the book.
Did you compare the .opf file of the dictionary that doesn't work with the one that does to ensure that it has all the entries required for dictionaries?

Quote:
Tried to explode two dictionaries with KindleUnpack and to compare resulting html files but didn't notice considerable differences.
KindleUnpack only has rudimentary support for dictionaries; for example, it cannot reverse-engineer inflections.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote