View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
There are a few older threads here on dictionaries, and it's worth searching for them and reading them since they are full of information.

Converting a dictionary to PocketBook format has many requirements and steps. Besides the actual data to convert in a suitable format, you need the collates.txt, keyboard.txt and morphems.txt files for German. If you can find another PB-format German->XXXX dictionary, then maybe you can copy the files from that (although I'm not sure how to get that data out of the dictionary). I can't remember, but someone may have already provided those files in one of the old threads here. You can use an empty morphems.txt file, but it would be much better to have a proper one. It contains the rules for mapping words to the form they are stored in within the dictionary (e.g. hits->hit, barked->bark, striking->strike,...), and makes the coverage much better when using it. The program that does the final conversion to PB format runs on Windows only. I can't remember if it runs under Wine on Linux, but I guess you can try it to see.

Or, you can go to the Obreey store and buy a Lingvo German->Polish dictionary in PocketBook format there. The price seems pretty reasonable (US$10.49), and you could avoid all this work.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote