View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:13 AM   #57
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Well, if you go to various tech sites, the wailing is in full force. If most of those people are half as knowledgeable and involved in tech development as they claim, they are wasting valuable time!
And that's the dirty secret of the readers of tech sites. 99% of the readers either can't or won't start a replacement. 0.9% may actually start, but they'll be dead on github or sourceforge in a month. The remaining 0.1% might actually do something, but those are the people who probably already are (the previously mentioned projects).

I'm a perfect case in point. I'm pissed that Reader is dying. I'm a professional software developer by trade. I'm not likely to spin off my own project to replace it, because between work, family, and other stuff I want to do there's no time to build a Reader replacement.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote