View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
mobilewilier
Connoisseur
mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaTensai View Post
Hi guys and gals! First post here... wanted some advice on whether or not to attempt exchanging my paperwhite. There are several threads here (I've read many of them) discussing the blotches and uneven lighting on the paperwhite. Mine seems to be suffering with some of these problems... I'll add some images here. I guess what I'm asking is if my device is basically on par with what is out there, i.e. if I return it can I expect something better? I hate having to deal with things like this, but honestly having a big yellow blotch on the left of my otherwise bluish white screen is very distracting. Maybe I would get used to it with time, but if there is a chance at a better device I'll take it. Thanks everyone.
The images below: two are medium brightness in a dark room, one is max brightness in the same room, and other one with text is high brightness in a brighter room. The issues are most evident in the dark room.
My bad PW looked just like your one. It was so bad that I could only use a certain futura font with wide line spacing. Your seems like it's at the worst end of the spectrum and a replacement would likely be better.
mobilewilier is offline   Reply With Quote