View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #8
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Unhappy DRM,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
Cannot do a copy of the backup to a different kindle, that's why when you purchase a newer model you have to reload all your books. Something to do with the Amazon DRM.
Tabatha is absolutely right that the "drag-drop"/copy method will ONLY work completely IF you restore to the same Kindle device.

However on the K3 (if you copy to another K3) you get your collections, annotations, NON-DRM books etc. etc. Your DRM books/periodicals will have to be reloaded to the new device.

The only reason I still do this "full backup" is I years ago had Calibre/K3 go totally out of sync (no K3 backup naturally) and had to start over from scratch.
If my trusty K3 should die, I know I will have to resent a lot of books from Amazon to my spare K3, but everything else should be OK.
Things might have changed since then, with better syncs in the Amazon world, but better safe than sorry
Cheers
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote