View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampercam View Post
I have an extensive library for my ebooks, and even more actual books on my bookshelves, but using calibre for them all wasn't the best option for me. I use Book Collector for my books (available at http://www.collectorz.com/book/). One of the reasons I chose that program was because I can use my barcode scanner to scan the isbn barcodes from the back and then it will find all the metadata details online like calibre does. It was quick and painless and I did bulk lots really quickly. Another feature is the ability to import from spreadsheets, so if you already have a lot done that way it could be a nice easy import.

Cam

PS, I think would work ok with an ipod or iphone as the scanner, but haven't actually checked
Barcode wedge scanner (Symbol 4004) work great with add from ISBN.
Over 900 books added that way (batches of 10-20 to allow resolving look-up failures.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote