View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #26
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I wonder how accurate this sort of data can possibly be. After all, the only way the researcher can know how long anyone spends reading is to ask them. And how many people can accurately answer a question like that?
The only reliable way known to social scientists is by using time diaries. Surveys that simply ask people how much time per week they spend doing X are notoriously unreliable. See, e.g., how inaccurately people recall their sexual lives after only a month.[/QUOTE]

Nonetheless, I easily beat the Brazilian average. I'd guess that I spend 18-22 hours/week reading (not counting work-related reading). But I shouldn't trust my memory this much - maybe I'll do a time diary for a month or two...
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote