View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #5
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Let me explain what I have been doing deciding what kind of wi-fi mobile I wanted for reading eBooks, for reading email, and the other things you can do on line.

First I like to test drive or fly a craft before I buy it. Usually they are used and I like to have them several days at least.
Second I like to look at the total spectrum.

Well, how to do that with mobile devices in a practical manner?

I found a place "www.cheap-phone.com which is a window into eBay, and also I look at eBay directly. "cheap-phone" does most of the work for me.

That is where I got my used Droid I, and also a Sanyo, a LG, a Kyocera, Archos, etc.
I look at the "Wi-Fi" phones on the site.
I buy them generally $30 or less, never more than $36 and try them for a few weeks. Return them if something is wrong, and if everything is ok, I just resell them to mostly kids that can't afford a expensive phone contract yet but would like a cheap unlocked wi-fi phone that they can use away from home. I also give them to young relatives.

I have been through more than half a dozen now. Still have the Droid and also one other to be returned, for since my Lady friend decided she wanted a new iPod Touch 5th generation (4") I (NOW) also have a 4th generation iPod, which I have always been impressed with it handling, (the hardware touch function and usability.) However the iPod is a little small.

I like my Samsung 7+ Tab, and would like the equivalent 4 1/2 inch to 5 inch hand held Wi-Fi for my pocket.

The 800x600 screen on the Galaxy Players is just too small. I have decided that after extensive testing, I don't even want anything more than 5 inches. I think 4 3/4 to 5 " might be ideal but I want a higher resolution screen.

Hopefully the next edition will be something closer to the Note. Amoled would be great. Then if I have decided on the size, I am sure Samsung will offer several models one of which will fit my wishes. Providing multiple sizes is something they are good at.

Now when I find what I want, I may indeed buy a new one, but I want to be as sure as possible about size, screen, etc. I am picky.

Last edited by SeaKing; 02-19-2013 at 05:29 PM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote