View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
ChrisI
Connoisseur
ChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo H2O, Libre 2
A different kind of wish list

I've seen wish lists for new features in the Reader but let's face it, if it doesn't help Sony make more money you are going to have a long wait.

Since the money is in the books, not the hardware, my question is:

What could Sony do that would make you buy more books from them?

I have a couple ideas.

1. I understand why I can't return a book, (it's a store not a library) but I would really like the ability to "trade up". Let's say I buy books one and two of a six book series, and then Sony offers all six as a bundle. I'd like to return the first two, and use the money to purchase the bundle.

As it is right now, I am afraid to buy any book in a series. I just wait and hope for bundle pricing.

2. I would like a way to report typos, and download an updated version of any book that I have purchased.

Reporting could be as simple as opening the book on your computer, highlighting the error text, and selecting "Report problem" from a context menu.

I can already view my purchases and re-download them if necessary. If that page showed version information, I would know if there was an updated copy for me to download.

They could even offer a "point" for every typo you report, and then let you use your points to get discounts on books. This would encourage people to report problems, and also encourage Sony to fix them quickly.

It wouldn't be long before Sony could advertise that they have the most accurately printed books in the industry.

Any other ideas?
ChrisI is offline   Reply With Quote