View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #19
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
I just hope these mergers won't steer the industry towards more monopolies which would be bad for the customers.
This is an industry in which producers already have a legal monopoly over almost every product they sell (the exception being classics).

Do I therefore think the degree of market consolidation in the publishing industry is unrelated to individual product prices? Well, actually, I'm not sure. But when you combine the fact that publishing would still be a rather non-consolidated industry after the merger, and the fact that the products are already monopolized, I can't see it really giving them power to raise prices.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote