View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #25
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
But the Surface RT is definitely not positioned as an iPad competitor, it is positioned to do 90% of what a real laptop can do. MS office, you can just plug in USB key boards and mice, even USB wireless ones. Real side-by-side multitasking. Make no mistake, it is a real PC. A great choice, for many, not all (gamers, graphic artists, CAD users, etc should stay away).
I disagree. If you are a heavy Office user,then it may cover 90% of what you do with your laptop. The fact that you are locked into an app store, makes it just another tablet, but with a lousy screen resolution and an (at the moment) obscure OS. One can hope it will take off and get app developers excited enough to start churning out apps for it, but it may end up like the HP-whatwasitsnamecauseIforgot. Right now, it does not do a single thing that I use my laptop for, and much much less than what I use my iOS and Android tablet for.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote