View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #14
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruSimon View Post
You CAN get an ereader for your PC by the way.

Do try it - the story is complex and entertaining - and discusses issues everyone thinks about, from the nature of love and relationships, to power and politics, and even the nature of God. There's a lot of laughter in it, too.

Forgive my "Newbie" mistakes, guys! I take instruction from you!
Your novels sound great, but realize that most people aren't going to want to read an epic trilogy of (I'm guessing) between two and three thousand pages on their computer or smartphone. If you were to opt out of DRM then more people will download the book and covert to a different format usable on different e-ink readers. If you sold it at Smashwords or direct from your own website as an epub file, even more people would gladly buy it to support that system rather than Amazon's closed system.

As-is, people without Kindles that want to read your books (of which there are probably a lot here, if the price were lowered) will have to illegally remove the DRM in order to convert the files. Some of us don't really care about doing that but others don't want to bother or don't want to break the law. Just something to think about that people who are "new" to this kind of stuff sometimes don't realize.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote