View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
Ebooks are an inferior product. I do not agree with the mantra that it is simply the words inside that matter.
Ebooks are inferior to even the cheapest paperbacks. Paperbacks are much less expensive than hardcovers.
I have no interest or sympathy for the publisher's side of things. Perhaps if I knew their business personally and wanted to support them on principle, I'd be willing to pay more for an inferior product to help them strengthen their ability to provide better products for the same price. Otherwise, I will not opt to pay more for a lesser product.
Im no dismissing your opinion, however in my case Ebooks a not an inferior product at all!

In fact i am on mobile read because i prefer Ebooks and value their portability etc higher than a paperback.

An Ebook is worth more to me than a paperback.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote