View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Bug when sorting

So I had calibre for a while and never really liked it. Klunky buttons, bland design ... not at all what I'm used to on my mac. Then it did some weird things with my ebook menu structure, I wasn't impressed to say the least.

But then I got my iPhone.

And I needed a good ePub converter.

And now I really like it. I am currently importing all my books from the manually-sorted folder tree and let it all be done by Calibre.

Now the bug: I like the way you can set series, since I am a fan of sequential books. Now I have one author who is currently writing his 14th book in a series, and the way I now see the list of books is this:
serie name [1]
serie name [11]
serie name [12]
serie name [13]
serie name [2]
serie name [3]
serie name [4]

... the classic string-based sorting issue.

I tried inserting a "0" in front of the one-digit numbers, but that gets removed as soon as you close the meta-window.

Also, is there a way to permanently make Calibre sort by author, THEN by series?

I love how I can get all the meta data online, including the summary ... makes my stanza library a whole lot nicer than my mobipocket library on my symbian p1i
mores is offline   Reply With Quote