View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #77
davidwfleming
Ebook Dude
davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidwfleming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I'll play: Here's my Amazon page:
http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Lyle-Jo...qid=1331731157

And while we're at it, my homepage:
http://www.RightBrane.com/StevenLyleJordan

All comments (not related to dentistry) are welcome.
First off, thank you so much for the all who have provided helpful input on my author page. Keep it coming please, I love collecting this valuable data.

Now for Mr. Jordan:

I think your profile picture and your author bio is well done with one exception. There is a mention in there of something to the effect of "before he gets too old". I would remove any self-depricating references to age. You want to convey expereince and prestige and this was my impression just before reading that sentence.

On to the product descriptions: I am not an expert on SF and F but I do know that world building can always be a challenge. Your product descriptions lead off with a good deal of specialized terminology such as the names of dynasties, political systems, unique technologies. I didn't percieve these to be allusions which other fans of this genre would understand. If they don't buy the book, they'll never figure out what these words mean. So, in that sense they may be wasted words.

I'd consider giving a more, dumbed-down, high level summary of each of the books. (Hmmm. This was the same complaint someone had about my product descriptions...)

Also, if any of these books can be considered as part of a series you could exploit this in their titles Title X (book 1 of Y series) and also I think Amazon has some functionality on their control panel. (People love series nowadays. If there's any connection: a world, a technology, a character, I say go for it.)
davidwfleming is offline   Reply With Quote