Thread: Android Market
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #36
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
@Mike Sorry I made you feel bad about this installation. Not your fault. I got everything installed and rooted and the problem appeared to be that the downloaded Kindle Fire Utility v0.93 from the XDA Developers forum was missing a file! The file was twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img. Now maybe it was supposed to download it when I chose the Install FireFireFire option but somehow it did not or they have changed the procedure since you did your installation.
I downloaded the file from the internet and placed it in the "recovery" folder in the Kindle Fire Utility v0.93 folder and then was able to proceed to install FireFireFire.
Also, mea culpa, I was WRONG (hardly EVER happens - ), and I was able to download a Kindle Lending Library book today. Read on the internet someone saying they were unable to use Amazon videos and the Lending Library after rooting - don't believe everything you read on the internet - especially MY posts. hee,hee. Have not tried videos though - have lousy ISP and can't stream or download huge amounts anyway.
At any rate, all is well. Now Android Market was not included in the Google apps for me so I had to follow some convoluted instructions somewhere to install it on my Fire.
Whew! I am disappointed that I still have to use Rotating Wallpaper, but I have access to the Android Market now so that is goodness.
Thanks for your concise instructions which pointed me in the right direction!
Wow. I Paralyzed by fear here. I'm fairly certain I'd be pretty lost after one or two steps ran amuck. Amazingly my hubby said "Why don't you buy one just to play with?" Very bizarre coming from a man who doesn't like to purchase an extra package of cookies.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote