View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 04:34 AM   #731
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Congratulations, Gazella! I knew you would be pleased. Reading with the Aura HD is indeed a joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
I got the Aura HD in the mail a week ago but I wasn't actually able use it until yesterday as I was on vacation. I decided to get a Kobo Aura HD because my Kindle Paperwhite has started to lag a lot and because of the new update which I'm not a fan of and partly also because of the recommendations of some members. So yes, yesterday I converted and side loaded some of my ebooks to the Aura HD, I set the font face and margins to my preference and started reading. Didn't take the quick tour because the interface is simple and so I was able to use the Aura HD right away with no difficulties whatsoever.

The first thing I noticed and was surprised about is the weight and size. I was worried that the Aura HD would be difficult to hold with one hand but that is not the case. It's lightweight and I can comfortably hold it single-handedly. I absolutely love the sharp eInk display. Exceptionally better than my first gen. Kindle Paperwhite. The ergonomic design of the Aura HD makes it very comfortable to hold. The performance does not disappoint; the touchscreen is very responsive, page turns are very fast, looking up definitions of words is also fast. And of course, the many customization and detailed options (eg. font face weight/sharpness) is very nice. I like that the built-in light is not integrated and can be turned completely off.

Reading on the Aura HD is an absolute joy. A fine, luxurious eReader.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote