View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #182
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
hello,
i have a problem with a special pdf document/format. See the attachment.
I like the options below the best. You don't want to split columns since you have a side bar that needs to stay with the main text, so the best I can do is to crop out the excess margins and rotate to landscape mode. I don't know if the text will be large enough for you this way, but the document has a very challenging layout, so this is about the best I can do. See attached.

k2pdfopt -ls -col 1 -wrap- -mb .7 -wt 210 example.pdf

The -ls rotates to landscape view. The "-col 1" keeps k2pdfopt from searching for multiple columns. The "-wrap-" keeps it from wrapping/re-flowing text. The "-mb .7" cuts off the bottom 0.7 inches to get rid of the nitropdf logo. And the "-wt 210" increases the white threshold since you have some light colored figures. Add -c if you want color output for a color reader.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf example_k2opt.pdf (433.1 KB, 514 views)
willus is offline   Reply With Quote