Thread: Clip on light?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #24
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
I'm just reporting back about the Mightbright XtraFlex 2 light.

It works great, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the clip has foam padding attached, so scratching won't be a problem!

The light is very bright, and thanks to the swivel neck is easy to position in a way that eliminates glare.

The lamp is about as heavy as I expected. When positioned at the top left of the Kobo it adds enough weight that one handed reading would be uncomfortable. When positioned at the bottom left I think one handed reading would be a possibility.

I am mindful of Baker's warning that when positioned at bottom left it might cause flexing of the Kobo's frame, so I think I'll play it safe and keep it at top left.

I think I will be buying a DermaPad Kobo case, which looks like it would fold back in a manner that is very suitable to attaching a lamp, and seems the preferred method for using lamps with eReaders.

Something I did not realise about the light is that it can be used in a free standing position, which might be handy for someone who had a night stand on which to rest it. I don't but I'm going to try clipping it to the bed head and shining it over my shoulder

Here in Australia the XtraFlex 2 is imported by a company called Arnott's (not the biscuit company): http://arnottsgadgetman.com/productv...uctid=SMMBXF-2

I bought mine on ebay from a local (Melbourne) store, and it arrived the next business day.

For anyone who has to read in low light while in bed this lamp should be a good solution.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote