View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just downloaded In Other Worlds and it is a horribly made ePub. It won't work in most devices as it is one HTML of about 932KB in size. There is no CSS as this looks like it was pulled out of a Mobi version. Every line has styles. There is no CSS. I'm wondering if this is indicative of the quality of the eBooks they sell.
My experience with them says yes. All the epubs I've seen from them have been a horrible mess internally. There is CSS, just not in a separate file. It's all defined in the header. If you want to split the file you can pull the CSS out into its own file before you split.

I think the worst part for me is all the identical <span> tags embedded in the paragraphs. Sometimes you'll see individual letters wrapped in a span identical to all the others in the paragraph, like:

Code:
... lo</span><span class="sgc-36">i</span><span class="sgc-36">tered</span>
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote