View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #43
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSGOD View Post
HELP!

Last night my Cybook was down to 60% when I attached it to the USB cable to charge. This morning I had a checkerboard pattern of black, medium grey, light grey, white on the screen.

It will not shut off.
It will not reset.
My SD slot never worked (& Bookeen wants me to pay to fix it) so I can not load the new firmware.

Besides waiting for the just recharged battery to run down and e-mailing Bookeen support, what can I do?

Susan
You get a checkerboard pattern if you remove some system files or if the internal partition is not readable for some reason. Connect an USB cable to the Cybook and then turn it on. Wait until the disk appear on your computer. Restore the system files from backup or reformat the disk and restore the files. I guess you need to reformat it.

If you have not saved the system files you can find them here:

egad.dyndns.org/cybook/firstbuild/
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote