Thread: iPad iPad1 or iPad2?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 04:28 AM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Hello all

I've almost decided to buy an iPad, and went in to the Target store in Launceston to try to make my mind up.

I spoke with a very enthusiastic salesperson who has both an iPad1 and an iPad2, and loves them both. She said that they still have iPad1s for sale, and that the main difference between them is the cameras. I could get an iPad1 with much more memory than the equivalent cost for an iPad2, and am really not interested in having a camera.

Are there any other differences between iPad1 and iPad2 that I should consider? The extra thickness of an iPad1 doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I probably would never use the camera.
I've got them both as well.
iPad1 from the very beginning, first the WiFi-only model and 4 months later switched to the 3G model.
iPad2 I've got since end of March this year.

For a few weeks now I'm mainly using iPad1 again. I've bought the phantastic Incipio NGP cover, so it's way easier (no bulk, still protected enough and extremely comfortable to hold) for me "on the road" than iPad2.

Personally, I don't feel any significant improvement in speed. I don't mind the thickness, I don't care about 3mm more or less.
I don't like the curved edges of iPad2 that much, feels less comfortable to hold (I'm often using it 5 hours and more in a single instance).

Meaning: iPad2 is a great tablet. But quite frankly I can't find any real arguments against iPad1 either.

One tip though: With iPAd, I'd always go for a 3G model. I love GPS in tablets. On Android, some WiFi only models have GPS. On iPad, you only have it in the 3G models.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote