View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 AM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Morse View Post
Could problems with case sensitivity be why I'm losing ebooks in my Calibre library?
Yes, Kovid talked about this with another user losing files in a different thread yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you want to share the same library between linux and windows, put it on a windows filesystem and mount it as case insensitive in linux.
I don't have any experience but I'll take him at his word.

Quote:
I had thought it was Dropbox, but I've moved my library out of my Dropbox path.
At least with Dropbox it was easy to restore the file.

Quote:
It could be a case sensitivity issue, it could be I was running conflicting versions of Calibre (do both OSes have to have the SAME EXACT version or can one be a version or two behind?)
I'm betting there are rare cases when being off a version or two can screw things up like when changing between major versions. I always try to keep both my machines running the same version, better safe then sorry.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote