Thread: Galaxy Note II
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #14
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I was hoping for a HD AMOLED+ screen with the non pentile screen. Anyway LG new flagship phone specs looks very good as well although I don't like its design. Annoyingly none of these flagship phones have been announced here with 4g yet so I might as well wait for the nexus phone announcements. This time they are supposedly from 3 different OEMs so should be interesting.
Samsung has stated they will stay with pentil until they can improve the life of the screen. It seems true RGB decreases the life of the screen.

Also I think the whole pentile issue is diminished the higher the res goes. For me I don't so much care about pentile I want 300+ dpi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post

Question 1 is whether the ""Apple lawsuit"" will have a bearing on the Note II.

Question 2 is whether the Note II will be a "Really Great Deal!" A "really great device."

The Final Question is: Is it time to pull the trigger?
I think you should worry more about when Samsung decides to bring it to the states vs Apple trying to ban the Note, besides the Notes where never part of the law suit.

It took Samsung 1yr to bring the Note to the States and 1.5 to bring it to T-Mobile. I would have purchased the original Note hand I not been aware that the Note II was going to be announced 1mo later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Too bad the Note II still has that same pentile screen -- if I don't get one that will be the main reason.
See my response to @dopedangle.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote