View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi guitarchitect (great name, by the way)

I'm a huge Pocket fan as well, and was thrilled when I learned I could access it on my reader.

The way I use it (and there may be other solutions) is via Calibre, the free ebook manager. They support "recipes" to access various feeds and news sources, and there is a custom recipe for Pocket that can be found here - https://github.com/tbunnyman/ReadItLater-Calibre-Plugin

It requires a bit of tweaking, but just once, to get it to function to your liking.

What you end up with is a single ebook that you can transfer to your Kobo that contains all the articles it grabbed. It's not 100% perfect -- for example, not all images from a story get downloaded, but that's not something that bothers me too much. Also, the formatting is a bit generic, but again -- it's absolutely readable.

And of course, it's all offline so you can read it at any time. You can configure the recipe to automatically mark stories as read, so that next time you run the recipe, it will just grab the newer, not-yet-downloaded stories. There are few other configurable options as well.

Hope that helped.
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote