View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 01:43 AM   #33
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC333 View Post
Thanks for the info. That sounds pretty disappointing. I've not used a T91, and my knowledge of it comes from Jack Swinden's quite extensive thread about his, which is elsewhere at this site. He does mention that he bumped the Ram up to 2gigs and stripped out all the unnecessary services and start-ups, but seemed content with the results. Perhaps, as the primary focus at this site seems to be reading books, he felt the performance was then good enough for novels and general on-line reading?

Using the T91 as a reader

I'm unlikely to buy a T91 now, but if I had it would have been used for reading books and web-sites such as news and forums. I would not be needing multi-tasking, just the ability to instal a range of different book reading software, and do relatively undemanding work. Jack's solution would seem to cover that, but it's certainly useful to get your perspective as well, for those who might expect more. Thanks for posting it.

My own HP tablet has a similar processor speed but switchable graphics and 4 gigs of Ram, so I'm not having the same problems that you are. I'm even able to play a current game on it, which I didn't expect.

My only point is that there are a number of tablet style computers already available, and that the iPad doesn't really have the field to itself. Which one we prefer is of course, as always, a matter of personal needs and preferences.

Cheers,

Chris

Don't take my word for it. You should just watch the video reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl0nXa6AJcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d3T89Si_Ms
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote