View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
A4-
Connoisseur
A4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheese

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's a little outside your price range, but I would seriously consider the BeBook Neo / Onyx Boox 60 (they are the same machine). It costs $300, but has significantly better PDF support than the Sony PRS-600, and supports dictionary lookup. I have a fair number of book readers, and the Neo / Onyx is, I think, the best 6" device currently available.
I second that, even tho I don't own it. (If I had cash to spare I would.)

It depends on what you want, portability (5") or a larger screen (6").
5" devices are around $100 cheaper. Sony and Astak have they're 5" readers on sale for another week or so.

Concerning stability/rugidity, the most fragile is the screen, so if you drop the reader you have a good chance of breaking it. Software can almost always be upgraded to fix problems. Sony is really slow on delivering updates of any kind, Astak on the other hand releases them quite often.

I name Astak because after my 'investigation' several months ago, that appeared to be one of the better brands.
A4- is offline   Reply With Quote