View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #10
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
This is a really interesting list and I have read many of them. One of the things I find the most interesting is that for several of the books I would actually have chosen different ones by the same authors. I'm in complete agreement with Issybird regarding Wolf Hall being great and Bring up the Bodies was a big letdown.

But:
Cormac McCarthy - Loved The Road, but loved Blood Meridian more and No Country for old Men about as much.

Jonathan Franzen - The Corrections, good. Freedom, fabulous.

Michael Chabon - The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, good book, a little long for no reason. The Yiddish Policeman's Union, brilliant!

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - I was surprised to see two of her books here. I think Half of a Yellow Sun belongs here, but Americanah, not so much.

Ian McEwan - Lots of good stuff here. I loved Atonement, but my favourite is Amsterdam. Now that I think of it Amsterdam may be too old for this list, but it would be close.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote