View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i'm curious about something. i used to be a rhapsody subscriber and now have dropped that in favor of spotify. however, the one feature missing on both is the ability to create a dynamic playlist that is specifically based to the artist name. the idea is that i would just create this one playlist that would dynamically update with all songs by the said artist on the fly so that i don't have to keep up with what artists just released what new albums. all songs belonging to the artist, old and new, should just automatically pop up when i choose to play this playlist. i should not have to add the new album to a playlist. the general idea is to have all songs that match a criteria that i set show up when i bring up that playlist. the idea is simple. yet neither rhapsody nor spotify has done it (these are the only two that i have every used, so i can't say how other music subscription services perform). begging and pleading did not help. is there a reason for this?

i bring this up because if apple comes up with its own subscription service, they would probably have this feature, and it would probably win me over for life. say what you want about itunes (and you would probably be correct), but what itunes does very well is have a very logical/intuitive way for you to view/filter/list/play your music collection. based on this logic, i believe that a dynamic artist-based playlist would be available in "iradio".

on spotify, even as of this very day, i haven't found a way to create a dynamic playlist based on my single criteria of "all songs that belong to a single artist". and there's no way i can just shuffle my entire library. i have to choose a playlist, then i will be able to shuffle the songs within that playlist. i could create a single playlist and place the entire collection on this single playlist, but that would be an organizational nightmare.

so if anyone as an answer as to why dynamic playlists based on the user's criteria can't be created, i'm very interested in the explanation.

thanks.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote