View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Agreed if this is pure radio. It's hard to justify paying for curated radio when there are so many excellent free services.

It depends whether this allows you to pick and play your own content though, making it more of a subscription music service. With Google rumoured to be launching a subscription streaming service, and with Samsung, Sony and Microsoft already in the game with Spotify, Deezer and Rhapsody/Napster, I'd be surprised if both Apple and Amazon weren't at least looking at this.

Graham
I go back and forth between the various types of music services depending on my mood. If I want straight genre based music where I have no control over content, I'll listen to services like TuneIn Radio, 181FM, or local FM stations. If I want some control where I can choose music tailored to a song or artist and the ability to skip songs, then I'll listen to Pandora or Slacker. If I want music on demand (a particular song or album), then I'll listen to YouTube, Amazon MP3, or my ripped collection via mSD.

With those bases covered, I have no need for a subscription service.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote