View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Hi Zee, you don't say -
but did you use Sigil for this excellent book ?
I'm particularly interested in the way you've got text to flow around the pictures and I haven't found that easy using the Sigil wysiwyg editor (unless that's an issue that just requires manual manipulation of the code)....I noticed mention of your method in another thread ....
no, i made this book before sigil was released. i wanted to learn to make epub by hand so i did all the code myself. it was my learning book.

the non-rectangular image wrap is an adaptation of a method i found in the adobe sample book alice in wonderland ; jellby and i both did a lot of experimenting with it and jellby came up with a better and simpler method than the one adobe used, which i used here. the results are in the epub code snippets thread in the epub forum.

you can get the same effect using sigil but it won't be automatic (no wysiwyg) ; you'll have to write the code yourself. it would be impossible to have a wysiwyg action for something like that because a computer can't see what is in an image, it just knows there's an image file there, and image files are all necessarily rectangular (to a computer).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote