View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:01 AM   #147
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Interesting. It is a fair point that (other than check and fix file size for which no alternate method to fix was available) QC doesn't currently have any remedy functions. Putting it into a separate plugin would also solve one of the other headaches I was having about some menu items being selection based and others running on your whole library. As it would be the case that QC functions would all just be whole library based and what you do with the results is up to you. Such as individual tweak ePub editing or doing as a batch.

So i guess what I could do is write a plugin that a bit like book conversions will run in the background on your ePub books to apply various transformations. It would work on your selected books, and give you a very simple dialog of checkboxes of stuff you want it to do with select none and all buttons. Then I would make sure each of those functions is coded to work independently. Then if it is deemed appropriate in future this whole plugin could just become an item on the tweak submenu. And the existing tweak dialog could offer similar functionality reusing that part of the code.

Then it will be up to Quality Check as to how many of these things it offers "Check" functions for. It may only be a subset, the two plugins can grow independently.

How does that sound for a plan?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote