Thread: LCD vs. e-ink
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #22
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
So while medical eyestrain is perhaps a myth, the fact that most people who read heavily prefer e-ink over LCD screens is not.
I have no issue with your reply except the above. It is not a proven fact that most people prefer eink. What is a proven fact is that eink dedicated readers have dominated the market for a long time, partly due to the misleading information about eyestrain and LCD screens. This means that people who are avid readers had no choice but to choose an eink reader. The iPad began the killing of the myth and now the tablet saturation in the market is finishing up.

Now people like me who prefer reading on LCD, even as a dedicated reader, have some choices. I'm sure those of us who prefer LCD would enjoy it if the eink people didn't try to kill the joy we are getting by seeing the first LCD reading-purposed reader to come out in a long time by claiming eink is better due to eyestrain. A true statement would be eink is better for reading outside or in lit rooms or eink is better because the battery life completely destroys the battery life of LCD. The eyestrain thing though, that has to go, because it is purely based on the person's preference to device and if they have some medical problem that has nothing to do with the LCD straining the eyes.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote