View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #27
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@PeterT --

Quote:
Also keep in mind this will ONLY work if the entire book is in a single (x)html file. As soon as you have multiples.... it will reset within each file.

@Hitch --

Quote:
I seriously hope that this is a VERY short book. ;-) I get the squishies thinking about how this will work if it's a really long, dense, single-file ePUB/MOBI. FWIW.
Yea, unfortunately the book that I was trying to cleanup and to fix the formatting on (which I hoped to use non-resetting numbering in) is structured with each chapter in a seperate file.

So the technique works well on the single file epubs but not on the multi-file ones (where it would really make life easier) ... darn. That also explains the situation I was seeing with a larger multi-html file test also

Still, there's going to be times when the technique is useful and will save me some grunt work

Paul

Last edited by phossler; 07-07-2013 at 10:13 AM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote