View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #25
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
Probably the main reason I don't do it is because I don't know how many people will find the tip useful. I think it is, but some might find it irrelevant. I think that the wiki should include tips that are generally useful and exclude more specific issues, which should be discussed only in the forum, or else the wiki will become overloaded.

That is why I write only here and leave it to others to decide if the tip should be added to the wiki.
I understand.

My point would be that everyone looking for a solution may feel the same when (or if) he finds it in the forum... but that ignoring irrelevant points in a structured Wiki is easier than browsing through a large number of (often endless) threads to find a tiny bit of information.

Most annoying situation in my eyes: I stumbled across some solution I didn't encounter the problem to, yet... and when I need it, I know that the information was 'somewhere' in a couple of dozen pages of 3-4 candidate threads. (even better when I don't remember the right keywords to search for it :P )
E.g.: I didn't feel the need to convert documents, yet

Anyhow: I'd like to encourage rather posting pointless information (which will eventually be put into a substructure by somebody else) than using the forum as a primary documentation medium.
That's why most of the wiki currently consists of links to the forum - just add pointers to relevant discussions... and I'd be amongst the folks appreciating it.

Cheers.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote