View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:35 AM   #7
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken View Post
I've used a Nook for a while, both classic and STR. I've never really utilized the shelving function but am trying to get more organized. I'm curious about how you all organize your shelves. I am attempting to organize by author, but then I get an author who has written several different storylines. David Gemmell is a good example. He has the Drenai series, the Rigante series, the Jerusalem Man series, etc. In that instance, how do you sort shelves by author and show which book belongs in which series and the order in which it should be read in the series? I'm using Calibre as well. I wasn't sure if that would be accomplished with a combination of shelfs and Calibre or what. Let me know what you think.
The order of a series or any real sorting is extremely weak om the STR, I think we are screwed unless we root the device. You cant sort by file name properly because the list feature in the library uses too big of fonts and the folder icon is too large, so having calibre send the file like {author_sort}/{series}/{title} - {series_index} - {authors} is worthless. Shelves work ok but again sorting is weak so figuring out what book is next in a series is impossible within the STR. So rooting is really all there is for us types.

That's pretty much where I am at at this point just not sure where to start (yet) since I know squat about Linux..

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 12-28-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote