View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Unfortunately, no. It was one of the first things I tried. It wouldn't let me install two versions, even to different user accounts.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
The best solution I can think of for this is to use virtualization. You don't say what version of Windows you have, but using a virtualization solution such as Virtual PC or VMWare Workstation will allow you to run a second copy of Windows on that same hardware. However, there are some caveats.
1.) The host needs to have enough spare RAM and CPU power to run a second copy of Windows.
2.) Depending on what version of Windows your host is running, you may need a second license for Windows.

That being said, if you're running Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, it includes the right to use "XPMode". This will allow you to run a copy of Windows XP as a virtual machine on the Win7 box, and adds in the TSRAIL capability so that virtualized applications (Kindle for PC, in this case) can display on the regular Windows desktop as if they were running in the host, not the guest.

I would suggest you investigate Apprentice Alf to do DRM removal. This will greatly simplify moving books back and forth between your Kindles and your copies of Kindle for PC.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote