View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by micomicon View Post
Interesting. I knew Mobipocket was an older format, but I didn't realize it was technically inferior. OTOH, there seems to be a much wider selection of Mobi books... earlier today, BooksOnBoard showed the following breakdown:

104,782 - Adobe Reader
60,515 - Mobipocket
36,172 - Microsoft LIT

A few of the titles I'm interested in reading are there... in Mobi format only. There also seems to be a lot of stuff available in Adobe format, hence my interest in having DE available as an option.

In any case, content availability is not a huge issue for me. Like I said in my original post, most of my reading consists of public domain works or stuff I already have access to. I'm sure either device would work fine with these materials.
Fictionwise has the following breakdown....

21,554 - MS Reader
18,712 - Mobipocket
12,105 - Adobe
15,651 - Multiformat (multiple formats with no DRM including LRF)

Simon & Schuster sell their ebooks via their website at a lower cost (usually) and have MS Reader, Adobe, and eReader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote