View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
K, I actually just got the confirm email that it worked on my free.kindle addy. Just seemed to take longer. So we don't HAVE to pay the 10¢ charge. That's kind of sneaky that Amazon advertises the pay addy, and then in smaller print makes a suggestion in case you don't want to pay for the conversion, use the alternative freebie option.

I guess I shouldn't complain since we are offered the option, but that seems right on the very edge of lack of integrity to me.

Sorta like my local KFC restaurant. They have a jukebox that plays music and there is a coin slot that says: 25¢. So naturally, most people put in a quarter and pick some music. Well I noticed one day that an employee kept coming out and picking songs he liked and not putting any money in. I asked him how come he didn't have to pay--he said: "Oh no one has to pay, it's free."

So I asked him why the 25¢ marker was there and he shrugged and said that it was interesting to see how many people actually paid!! And the money didn't go to charity or anything, so I have no idea what they did with the change, probably just pocketed it. WTH?!

Last edited by tsgreer; 11-20-2007 at 03:08 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote