View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #13
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
How so??? The Kobo uses the same Viziplex screen as everything else (except for the K3). What makes it 'worse'?
While it is true that they all use Viziplex screens, the contrast and text sharpness is not the same among ereaders. The nook barely edges the Kindle 2, and both are superior to the Kobo. if you go to CNET.com, watch the video review (or read the written one) of the Kobo, and they mention how the screen is not up to par with the competition.

When I was shopping for an ereader, I wanted the best screen clarity. When I compared the Sony, Kobo, Kindle, and nook, the nook was slightly better than the others, and all were much better than the Kobo. Other new Kobo owners on these boards will confirm that they noticed the difference when shopping for devices and chose the Kobo anyway.

I'm actually envious of the Kindle 3 because I know it is going to have a better screen than my nook!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote