Thread: PRS-900 Folders for collections
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Hi rblover69, welcome to MR.

You can't actually create collections on the 900 itself, that is a big peeve of mine as well. You can use either the Sony software or Calibre. Most people prefer Calibre and that is what I use as well. Using Calibre you can add and change the tags on the file and then the reader will create a collection for all of the tags. So if you have a book and add the tag line: "horror,not read". It will appear in a "horror" collection and a "not read" collection on your reader. It will also create collections by author and for series too.

There is a whole forum here on MR for Calibre: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

The only thing I use the Sony software for is place the books in a collection in specific order, other than that it is Calibre all the way.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote