View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Ingrid
Ingrid doesn't litterIngrid doesn't litter

Device: iPhone. Opus. Kindle 3 incoming...
I'm very excited about this, and a bit curios as to whether the small screen size will be a pro or con. Eitherway it's an upgrade from my 3,5" iPod screen and I've read quite a few novels on that. I just wish I could get e-versions of the physical books I've been stacking up on lately. Too bad they're not availible.

As far as software goes, I reckon I'll should install Calibre plus some un-DRM scripts for my old eReader books. But I would have installed those anyway, and only on my desktop. The Eee and the Opus should make picking up books when traveling a piece of cake. Not sure I'm actually going to be doing that a lot, but having the option to do so is nice. I also hope I'll be able to stay clear of DRM'ed ePubs, though I sense this may be a bit too optimistic. Maybe I'll should stick with DRM'ed eReader books and convert them? What do you think?

I have come across people who don't want to get iPhones and iPods because of iTunes, but non of them have been Mac users. The same thing applies to other pieces of technology, there's always some people who won't buy if it's locked into a specific system. Personally I just prefer to slim down on software, cause there always some stuff I have to install anyway. I find that my machines have become more stable since I started doing this. Less conflicts between software I guess.

Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it. :-)

-Ingrid
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote